NEW PEOPLE STRINGS WEAVING INTO MY LIFE


Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

"Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave
gold thread. Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and
unique."

I love the serendipitous acquaintances that happen on the journey....

A couple days ago - just as I felt my cold coming on and I was in
feverish search of hot soup on the streets of Yangshuo - I stopped by
the same restaurant that has lured me in the day before with its yummy
veggie soup, and saw an older mustached gentleman perusing the same
menu. We were both "returnees" to the restaurant, it turns out, and I
invited him to join me for a meal.

Well, it turns out, Samuel Franco from Guatemala has been doing for 30
years that which I have been wondering about doing at some point. He
goes around the world making major documentaries for Natl. Geographic
and other "big wigs" in the adventure industry. He told me of his
current "pet project" - a passion that he hopes to leave as his
legacy. He is tracking down the origins of the xylophone throughout
the world. He has created a museum for the history of music in
Guatemala and is committed to preserving the "intangible legacy" of
his country. He goes to the small villages and videographs the ancient
traditions to bring the little-known history to the modern light. His
fearless eyes flashed as he spoke of his journeys on the hunt for the
elusive xylophone. He does not hesitate to go into some of the most
dangerous zones in the world for his quests, laughing it off with:
"hey, I live between 3 volcanoes, one of which is active....and there
is constant quaking. No, I'm not scared."

Samuel has generously invited me to consult with him when I am ready
to explore the remote villages of Guatemala, as he would help me map
the route less-traveled. What a gift! Every person on the path is
gifting me with a piece of the puzzle that is brewing, integrating in
my psyche. The new passion, the new intention....the way to make it
so. Where will this path lead? I know not. And that is good.


www.OneTapMagic.com
Discover Your Power )*(
www.NikaOne.com
The Art of Transformation [TAO-T]--->



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Jjimjilbanging Seoul

True Colours of Utah