Hong-Kong
The busy City is not where my heart is.....though, its urban neon beauty has a certain electric charm. What is immediately curious and noteworthy to me is the gentle support that people here generously extend to strangers... Even in the one day that I have been here, several times, people have been willing to without my asking for that to walk me to a metro connection, to translate dishes in a restaurant, to teach me some rudimentary Chinese.... At a time that I only had U.S. $ in my pocket, a kind software engineer on a subway gave me some HK $ to get a token for a ferry. All without my uttering a blip. The simple kindness of this culture touches me.
I'm resisting the inertia of the temptation to compare how things are here with the way of life in California. Simply focusing on what is with a child-like naivette.

Comments
Post a Comment