Abundance all around
11-23-2010
It's like I boarded a magic train. Things are showing up around me just when I need them. Out of the blue. Some highlights: a kind Yao guide showed up on my trek from Da Zhai to Pignan. She happened to live in the village between the two and invited me to her home to feed me delicious lunch of veggies straight from her garden by the creek and eggs from her chickens. She and her daughter and I sat together by the earth firepit in her simple home and talked. So impromptu! It is she that you can see with her long hair waving in the wind [she let me take a photo of one of her old photos - the hair is even longer now!]
She then followed me through the critical points [where there were no markers on the road forks] until I was on the straight track [even though I asked her not to as it's 2 hours away! It turns out, she had a log half-way that she needed to bring back to the village and chose to do it now].
Then today I went back to Da Zhai and ascended the Golden Buddha Peak at the sunset. Just as I got to the top, I found that I was out of water....and out of the blue a local farmer came up to the top and unlocked the shed near the view platform....that housed a COOLER with water! Then, as I sat at the "top of the world" above the undulating sea of rice terrace waves below and little villages planted amidst them, and thought how wonderful it would be to have a photo here with me in it, a smiling Chinese gentleman came up to me and asked if I wanted my photo taken, since the lighting was so good! Later, I found out that he was a TV director with a TV group that came to shoot a music video on location. Need I say, I got some quality shots?
As I was heading down, I realized that I left my trusty walking staff below. So, I began to look for a replacement. And just as I walked a few steps, a perfect bamboo staff stood there poking out of the rice field. It helped my balance/knees for the rest of the no-nonsense steep way down. As I came down, a thought has hit me how delicious it would be to have some chocolate out of the blue. And on the way for some, I somehow got pulled into one of the two local Yao-run restaurants. And there, the whole TV group that the director who took my pix belonged to was dining. They immediately absorbed me into their company, introducing me to the local drings and food delicacies. Abundance is indeed around me. And all I need to do is call to it with my thoughts.
--
www.OneTapMagic.com
Discover Your Power )*(
www.NikaOne.com
The Art of Transformation [TAO-T]--->
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."
~Jalāl ad-Dīn Rumi - a Persian poet and whirling dervish
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
~R. Tagore
~R. Tagore
"...Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
~ J.W. von Goethe
~ J.W. von Goethe
"Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name."
~R. Tagore
~R. Tagore
"For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half known life. "
~ H. Melville
Comments
Post a Comment