LIFE ON CRUISE CONTROL?
Date posted: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Being on a bike on the local roads has presenced me yet again to the
unusual swarm-kind of intelligence on the Chinese roads. I have seen
it in every city and town thus far. It appears to be the kind of
present, non-local intelligence possessed by a school of fish. Few
lanes are marked, few laws are observed - everyone is pretty much
going where they want to. Yet, there is a consistent communication
stream by honks and gestures. There is no room for "cruise-control"
here. Only consistent presence rules the road. I like it. It is
distinctly different from the U.S. linear driving/biking experience. I
feel safer on these roads than I have ever felt - people are extremly
aware.
It makes me think of the other life aspects that I am used to putting
on "cruise-control" - there is seamless efficiency and beauty to it,
yet, perchance, at the expense of the dynamic tracking of life and
overall presence.

www.OneTapMagic.com
Discover Your Power )*(
www.NikaOne.com
The Art of Transformation [TAO-T]--->
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."
Being on a bike on the local roads has presenced me yet again to the
unusual swarm-kind of intelligence on the Chinese roads. I have seen
it in every city and town thus far. It appears to be the kind of
present, non-local intelligence possessed by a school of fish. Few
lanes are marked, few laws are observed - everyone is pretty much
going where they want to. Yet, there is a consistent communication
stream by honks and gestures. There is no room for "cruise-control"
here. Only consistent presence rules the road. I like it. It is
distinctly different from the U.S. linear driving/biking experience. I
feel safer on these roads than I have ever felt - people are extremly
aware.
It makes me think of the other life aspects that I am used to putting
on "cruise-control" - there is seamless efficiency and beauty to it,
yet, perchance, at the expense of the dynamic tracking of life and
overall presence.
www.OneTapMagic.com
Discover Your Power )*(
www.NikaOne.com
The Art of Transformation [TAO-T]--->
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."
~Jalāl ad-Dīn Rumi - a Persian poet and whirling dervish
Comments
Post a Comment