The Freezing Beauty of Halong Bay
I'm still thawing from the fridgid beauty of Halong Bay. Much to
reflect upon - it was such a contrasting experience when compared to
my dreamy romanticized version of the famed Wonder of the World [it is
one of the 7]! The culture and the temperature were a surprise in many
ways - not all of them positive, alas. See more on that shortly.
reflect upon - it was such a contrasting experience when compared to
my dreamy romanticized version of the famed Wonder of the World [it is
one of the 7]! The culture and the temperature were a surprise in many
ways - not all of them positive, alas. See more on that shortly.
Funny, I never imagined Halong Bay as a place that would get cold... Or Hanoi for that matter. I hope you'll write more about the surprises there.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope your thaw goes well.
Indeed - me neither. The cold has seeped all the way to the Imperial Capital of Hue....The locals are shivering. Poor things. Nobody here has heaters - everyone is unprepared for that kind of temp swings. If it's under 10 C, the kids don't go to school. So the officials declare even the coldest temps as hovering around 10C [although it's completely bogus] just to keep the economy going - kids at school, parents - at work.
ReplyDelete