To the roots – saga concluded
03-11-2012 Utah, U.S.A.
To the roots – saga concluded
When the prodigal one returns
Mother's love
Shines even brighter
| My beautiful Mama |
Some say, big changes happen gradually. Though, in my experience, it is the instant that “shifts the arrows” on our rails. And so it went this time – on that windy peak of Gokyo Ri, I felt my mission was complete. As Woland pointed out : “what's the point in chasing that which has run its course?” It was as if the air has suddenly been let out of the balloon. No desire or will to go on.
| The farthest point of Gokyo Ri, 5360 m, Sagarmatha Natl. Park |
| Lukla airport |
Back in Kathmandu I realized – I was tired. Really, really tired. All of a sudden, I felt like being close with the people I love. I'm not much for missing anyone [besides, maybe missing some “missing gene” - or so I thought] – but here I realized how much I did miss them.
With that realization, I booked the ticket and anticlimactically flew the 32 hours to my Mother's home – a quiet oasis on a ranch amidst the Utah mountains.
| "I'm leaving.....on a jet plane...." ~ Cat Stevens |
Now, appreciate this: Mama met me at the airport with home-made raisin-studded pancakes complete with sour cream and warm goat milk from her neighbour's farm! Oh, yes, and some ginger-chammomile tea to help the jet-lag. I've never been happier to see her or the special pancakes that are really made out of love.
| Mama - she was visiting me in San Francisco, and got so excited at seeing the ocean that immediately threw off her shoes and jumped in! |
It turns out that Mama's furry siamese cat has multiplied – so we have 3 furry replicas that differ only in size – she affectionately calls them in proper ayurvedic terms, by temper: “Vata, Pitta and Kapha.” I forgot how good it felt to sit on the porch, listen to the wind with a furry live warmer on my lap, and not feel the desire to go anywhere. And so it goes.....
| A view from Mama's home at sunset |
Mother
If I could love myself
The way you love me -
Around the equator, whole,
Without ifs and buts....
Your love reminds me
Of the true force moving mountains.
It is the Universal Rhythm
Beating as many.
I don't know if I shall ever
Comprehend its full extent.
For now I rest
Grateful in your loving palms.
Whatever is next shall find me.
Can I say WOW again :)
ReplyDeleteYOUR "Wow" counts for a lot! Hugs ;o)
Delete