Off to the Snowy Giants - at last
Where I spent the first 1/2 of my life - "the town of the Peaceful Atom" in Russia.
A bow to my Papa for the new lens - my old faithful "Cybershot" has developed disturbing zebra stripes on its LCD, and Papa has kindly offered to gift me a new generation of Sony.....the one that allows me to make panoramas like this!
Only the memory of the river ice remains....it has passed a day ago....only a week before I could walk to the other side of the river and fishermen with burrs were making accurate holes all along the river...
The river fractals never cease to fascinate me! Many more eye-candy like this a-coming - check back soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow.....it's so been a while! Being with my family in Russia for 1whole month was profound, challenging, transformative and wonderful -
all at the same time. I have much to ketch-up on in writing - to share
with you my experience. I wonder if you are still listening...
I met with a lot of Shadow and Light in that month. I met with support
and judgement....and faced some serious paradigm gaps in
communication. I believe, I've reached some new levels in acceptance
and tolerance of self and others [yeah, I know - is there really a
difference? Vasishta Sage would laugh].
I saw Russia with new eyes....and Russian Spring for the first time in
nearly 14 years! I watched the ice melt on the river.....after walking
on it and meeting men with burrs and seeing "walruses" strengthen
their health by jumping into an ice-hole but a week before.....
It is with deep relief that I have come to the Himalayas on April
20th.....in spite of the 17 hr flight and a 9 hr sleepover in Delhi
[they have AWESOME couches in the airport] and an electric
self-play-piano to play lullabies to the wanderers like me.
As I glided over the impossible rice terraces on the earthly folds covered
with snow.....approaching Kathmandu, I felt something I think I have
never felt in my life - like coming home. The feeling but increased as
I landed and breathed in the air of this sacred land.
I am now in Pokhara and heading around Annapurna tomorrow AM. My heart
feels lighter with each day approaching my ascent. I am trekking alone
[meet my guide and porter ;O))]....yet, there are many people on the
trail, they say. I have a distinct feeling of finishing yet another
ring of the spiral.....and know in my gut I will not be the same being
coming down after facing the Giants. That is, presuming Yeti [the
local folklore favourite] will not choose me as his bride ;O))......
Tears well up in my eyes as I realize that I've dreamed to do this
ascent since I was 3 years old and gazed upon "The Path" of Roerich.
BTW, Roerichs have received my bow as I visited their cosmic museum in
Moscow - an experience in itself.
So, for those faithful souls still peeking into this blog, pray, send
me warm winds in your mind. It gets mighty chilly at >5km!
I'll post many pix of Thailand+ the impossible rocks of Krabi and
Russia....as well as impressions when I return. Such is my intent.
With love,
One.
Comments
Post a Comment